Cultivating your cannabis plants indoors is a very exciting thing to do. While many marijuana growers choose to plant their cannabis seeds outside, growing them indoors is just equally as beneficial and rewarding. There are many things to look forward to when choosing to use indoor cultivation for your cannabis plants. One of these is the opportunity to build and come up with your very own marijuana grow room.
Now, what exactly is a marijuana grow room? As you can tell from the name itself, a marijuana grow room is an area in which you cultivate and grow your cannabis seeds in. It is a marijuana haven designed to keep the cannabis plants healthy and thriving. However, it isn’t exactly as simple as that. There are certain guidelines and criteria that need to be met in order for your grow room to be fully functional. In this article, we are going to discuss the basic concepts of having a grow room as well as provide you with some tips on how to build one of these.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF A MARIJUANA GROW ROOM?
The most outstanding feature of having an indoor marijuana grow room is the ability to have full control over the environment and conditions inside. With all the various equipment that you will have to set up inside this marijuana grow room, you will be able to dictate all the significant factors that affect the growth and development of your cannabis plants. Outdoor marijuana does not provide this luxury to users. Because of its exposure to outside elements, growers may be forced to adjust the conditions of their cannabis plants which may prove to be a hassle. By using a grow tent, your cannabis plants can thrive and flourish at any time regardless of the seasons and climate outside.
Another key factor that makes marijuana grow rooms all the more significant is the ability to protect your cannabis plants. I cannot stress enough how good it feels knowing that you will not have to worry about molds and bug infestations eating away all your cannabis crops. Of course, fallen leaves are still a possibility in this setup and they may be the cause of some diseases spreading. But you will regularly be cleaning and monitoring your marijuana grow room so this is an easy obstacle to handle. The danger of natural calamities destroying your crops s significantly reduced thanks to marijuana grow tents. Now, you won’t have to worry about heavy rains and extreme heat temperatures damaging your cannabis plants.
TIPS IN BUILDING YOUR OWN MARIJUANA GROW ROOM:
Here are some healthy reminders that you can follow in order to make the most out of your cannabis grow rooms:
- Grow tents are available for purchase but not all of them are high quality – It is commonly known that indoor cultivation is much more geared towards experienced cannabis growers. But now, with the use of marijuana grow tents, the whole indoor cultivation dilemma is tossed out the window. Grow tents are basically spacious tents that also act as cannabis grow rooms. They are extremely easy to set up, hence the recommendation to beginner marijuana growers. However, not all of these grow tents are of the same quality. Some of these may easily rip apart and crumble down. Make sure you know what you are getting before purchasing it.
- The best kinds of marijuana grow rooms are lightproof – One of the most essential features of your marijuana grow room is that it must absolutely be lightproof. This means that no light escapes from the inside and no light enters from the outside. Keeping the light inside is more of a personal preference. Wouldn’t it be annoying to find your grow room leaking out strong spectrums of light? As for keeping light out, this pertains more to the effect on the plants’ growth and development. As we said, using a grow room is all about controlling the growing environment. If any sunlight enters the grow room, it may disrupt the light cycle of your plants and confuse them as to the amount of light they are exposed to.
- The room must have a good system of air circulation – Keeping your marijuana grow room vacuum airtight is also important. This avoids any scents and smells from leaking out onto the public. Additionally, the grow room must have an ample system for providing good air circulation. This helps keep the plants strong and sturdy. The lack of air leads to less oxygen, which in turn weakens the branches and stems. Leaves will also begin to wilt as they are not exposed to air. A good technique for this is to install a ceiling fan above your cannabis plants. This way, each and every plant gets exposed to it.
- Temperature and moisture need to be regulated – Cannabis plants may be quite choosy when it comes to their environment. With that being said, most strains prefer growing in warm and moist conditions. For the temperature, one can control this by simply installing equipment such as air-conditioning units and humidifiers. These give you complete control over the grow rooms temperatures. As for the moisture, regularly check on your cannabis plants and water them if necessary. You can usually tell if they need water by checking their growing mediums.
- Keep the area clean at all times – Lastly, you should always keep the area neat and tidy. Not only does this give you a sense of pride because of the pleasant view of your grow room, it reduces the chances of your cannabis plants catching any diseases from fallen debris and dried up leaves.
Overall, marijuana grow rooms are a great way of cultivating your weed seeds. They give both experienced growers and beginners an opportunity to plant their cannabis crop indoors. While it may seem like a hassle to set up, the countless benefits and advantages that it offers make it all worthwhile. So if you plan on starting your own cannabis crop, you should definitely consider using a grow room. Happy growing!