With the legalization of cannabis in Canada, its evident that our ‘weed Canadian lovers’ out there are rejoicing for this joyous era of cannabis freedom. No more hiding to authorities or any suspicions and gossips from your nosy neighbors. It’s now time to keep them […]
Tag: cannabis seeds for sale
Recreational Cannabis Is No Medical Cannabis In the world of psychology and psychosis, the word psychedelics is often what connects the two together. Within this particular world of “psychedelics”, the words medicine and recreational are what separates this word apart: one is medicinal psychology and […]
Medical marijuana has higher cannabidiol (CBD) content than tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Strains meant for medicinal purposes help patients for the relief and potential treatment of particular ailments, diseases, and their symptoms. Cannabis for medical use needs to form a medical-grade plant meticulously grown in an environment without chemical fertilizers or pesticides.
Many seek the medical properties of marijuana with high CBD content. Certain medical cannabis strains still offer relatively high THC levels to relax bodies and minds for treatments. THC can bring psychoactive effects which can make the mind wander. Doctors may prescribe the use of medical marijuana with an abundance of THC to use on patients at home. With all the information surrounding medical marijuana1, it may make you wonder how it works. Read on to help you gain additional data about this subject matter.
Medical Cannabis: A Brief Overview
First-time marijuana users should know that THC is the component that makes cannabis users stoned. CBD, however, doesn’t deliver psychoactive effects. Medical marijuana works by stimulating the networks of receptor proteins in the body. These networks are:
- CB1 (found in the nerves)
- CB2 (other areas of the body, including our guts)
Put the CB1 and CB2 networks together to make the endocannabinoid system. Studies believe that the consumption of medical cannabis grants effects on motor coordination, pain perception, mood, and even the protection of the natural death of brain cells. CBD content may also help in the development of the immune system.
While using medical marijuana does entail several benefits, large portions of studies are based out of assumptions. It’s still difficult for researchers to get their hands on certain strains for study because of heavy restrictions. Still, evidence tells stories of users getting relief and cure from symptoms associated with certain diseases and illnesses.
How Does Medical Marijuana Work?
Generations throughout history took advantage of the use of medical marijuana. Individuals in the 19th and 20th centuries sought out certain cannabis strains for their healing components. Now, the claims surrounding cannabis use see buds as potential panaceas with information backed by reports and scientific studies. The research surrounding medical marijuana consumption points to the CBD content in flowers.
Doctors may prescribe medical marijuana to patients suffering from particular ailments. A few of these disorders and illnesses include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Dystonia and other degenerative neurological disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
The consumption of CBD through medical marijuana will also act as an excellent alternative painkiller as opposed to using over-the-counter medications. CBD may even work well in the treatment of anxiety issues. Topical creams with CBD content may also help in healing sunburn and other similar skin ailments.
How to Use Medical Marijuana
Many regions around the world now have more lenient rules and regulations to the use of medical marijuana as compared to past years. Several locations now permit the use of medical marijuana through certain medical circumstances. Physicians may prescribe the smoking of medical buds to patients. Some doctors may advise patients to take marijuana edibles or use CBD oils instead.
You need to be at a minimum age requirement before you can buy or use medical marijuana. Certain locales need you to be at least 18 years old before you can get your hands on medical marijuana. Some locations have stricter rules as authorities won’t allow the consumption and sale of medical marijuana to people below 21 years old.
If you’re already over the minimum age requirement, then you can seek the right medical marijuana product that suits your needs and preferences. Here are a few ways you can consume the controlled substance for the purposes of relief and treatment:
- Smoking. Rolling marijuana buds to form a joint or cigarette lets users smoke cannabis flowers to gain its effects and benefits. Users may also use a pip or bong to create a similar experience. Smoking medical marijuana by rolling the weed into a joint is believed to be an inefficient way of consumption. It’s because the CBD content burns with the cigarette or joint material. A water pipe or bong is more advisable for use in this regard.
- Inhalation. Titrating medical marijuana allows for users to inhale the CBD content in medical marijuana. This process allows the medical components of the weed to quickly absorb into the lungs and bloodstream.
- Vaporization. The use of medical marijuana through vaporization is similar to a nebulizer treatment.
- Oral ingestion. Non-smokers may also enjoy medical marijuana through the consumption of pills and food products. Edible cannabis products are available for purchase from specific retailers. There are even cannabis cafés that serve brownies, teas, or cookies with CBD content.
- Topical products. Ointments, creams, lotions, and poultice are available for purchase and use for medical marijuana patients. You can use these products to help in the treatment of skin inflammations, muscle pains, and arthritis.
Make sure you get a strong prescription from your physician first before you buy medical marijuana. Retailers may not sell you their products if you don’t have a proper recommendation from a doctor. Determine the correct amount of CBD you need because proper dosing is still crucial with the consumption of medical marijuana.
Cannabis has been existing for so many years already. There can be 100 Indica seeds for sale. However today, there still remains uncertainties pertaining to which type or variety does what kind of function. Have you ever thought why there are people who get to […]